The preparations for the next EU Framework Programme for Research & Innovation (FP9) are currently getting more intense. Last month, Professor Mariana Mazzucato published her independent report on a mission-oriented EU research and innovation policy. The report was accompanied by a call for mission proposals launched by the European Commission.
COCIR is glad to follow this call, recognising our responsibility to contribute to the vision for a European Union that ensures healthy lives for all. We are proud to publish today on 13 March our proposal for a mission to achieve the digitisation of European healthcare. Until 2030, the European Union should:
(1) Add three healthy life years for every European citizen by 2030, while containing healthcare costs.
(2) Improve quality and sustainability of healthcare through digitisation to
• drive efficiency in health, social and informal care delivery;
• enable value-based health systems;
• improve patient and citizen involvement.
Following a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach, we invite all stakeholders who share our ambitions to join us as we continue to develop this mission and strive to make it happen!
Position Paper under Related Documents.