15 March 2021 14:00 - 15:30 Brussels Time (CET) - Register here
UNICOM is an EU-funded project that focuses on the univocal identification of medicinal products. One specific element is focusing on the use and implementation of ISO IDMP (IDentification of Medicinal and pharmaceutical Products) standards.
The workshop is expected to define the expectations and priorities of the EHR vendors and the minimum level maturity needed to effectively drive forward the implementation and integration of ISO IDMP standards.
• Share information on the UNICOM project and its objectives
• Provide a platform to exchange views on the opportunities and challenges in implementing ISO IDMP standards for the EHR vendor community
• Validate the UNICOM value proposition from the EHR vendor perspective
• Define a check-list from the various players who are interacting and sharing various data
• Identify scenarios with different maturity levels (working in countries with different levels of development, Use of IDMP compatible standardized metadata, Algorithm based identifier managed by WHO)..
It is UNICOM’s GOAL to share various points of views and various scenarios with SDOs, industry, competent authorities, national competence centers and national drug agencies to obtain a global alignment on the ultimate requirements.
14:00 - 14:05 WELCOME & INTRODUCTION
Nicole Denjoy, Secretary General, COCIR
14:05 - 14:15 UNICOM OVERVIEW and OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
Luc Nicolas, eHealth project officer, EHTEL
14:15 - 14:35 UNICOM PRODUCT PILOT LIST – testing real implementation using the IMDP standards
Julie James, Partner, Blue Wave Informatics
14:35 – 14:45 VALUE PROPOSITION FROM A EHR VENDOR PERSPECTIVE
Ben McAlister, Senior Solution Strategist, Cerner
14:45 – 15:20 ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION on challenges and opportunities and other inputs from EHR vendors
15:20 – 15:30 CONCLUSIONS on best value proposition for EHR vendors