Given the available clinical evidence, the practical experience and the political momentum behind the Europe's Beating Cancer Plan, how can EU institutions help further develop and implement lung cancer screening programmes? What specific steps could be taken now? How can we use EU funds beyond health research in order to drive adoption of Lung Cancer Screening (LCS) in Member States? How do we design and execute best-in-class LCS programmes? What quality and training requirements do we need to successfully roll out LCS programmes in Member States?
• Present and discuss the extensive body of available evidence and experience on LCS
• Integrate the different perspectives of policy makers, academia, patient organisations and industry in order to move forward together
• Discover the latest innovations in lung cancer screening (e.g. ultra-low dose CT and AI-based decision support systems)
• Develop recommendations for specific actions and activities, under the umbrella of Europe's Beating Cancer Plan
• Drive implementation of pilot projects in Europe, helping develop best practices for cost-effective and quality LCS programmes.