COCIR serves the interests of its members and express COCIR's view towards EU Institutions and other EU key stakeholders. In addition, COCIR informs its members on market and regulations trends that can potentially affect their sectors in Europe and beyond.
As China is considered to be an important market for our members, COCIR opened in February 2007 a COCIR Desk in Beijing, under the auspices of the European Chamber of Commerce in China (EUCCC).
- Advocate an industry-friendly regulatory environment accelerating access to market
- Support the convergence of regulatory frameworks
- Promote the use of international standards
- Develop constructive dialogues with regulators and other key stakeholders
- Cooperate with international sister trade associations on issues of common interest
- Monitor trends in fast-developing markets such as Brazil, Russia, India, China and Korea
At international level, COCIR engaged in active dialogue with organisations such as:
- International Medical Device Regulators Forum (IMDRF)
- The Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP)
- The World Trade Organisation (WTO), via EU Commission DG Trade
- The World Health Organization (WHO)